Molten hot chocolate is a great indulgence on a winters night that you can cuddle up with, watch a movie or read a good book and forget about the world.
Hot chocolate takes us back to our childhood and instantly gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you're feeling down. Check out our hot chocolate spoons at Nirvana Chocolat by Melinda Leigh
But every now and then even the old favorites could do with an upgrade.
Here's our top 10 amazing ways to enhance your hot chocolate experience and get you through the tail end of winter.
1. Add whipped cream with a splash of caramel and top with marshmallows
2. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Come to think of it, why stop there! Add chocolate sauce
3. Grate dark chocolate over the top of your hot chocolate for extra richness
4. Why not change the milk for a coconut alternative option
5. Go full on Christmas by adding few drops of peppermint essential oil, marshmallows and stir with a candy cane
6. Stir in a spoonful of nutella for extra depth
7. In need of a caffeine fix? Stir in a spoonful of coffee and get the best of both worlds
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger for a spiced hot chocolate fix
9. Add a spoonful of peanut butter. Go on give it a try, you will be suprised
10. You can never go wrong with adding a drop or two of alcohol. Add your favorite tipple to you mug of molten hot chocolate.
Our tried and tested favorites have to be Kahula, Baileys, Tia Maria or whiskey. Check out our website for our hot chocolate spoons at Nirvana Chocolat by Melinda Leigh.
If you're feeling adventurous, try out the above variations and tell us what's your favourite.
What are your tried and tested favourites?